Our theme for this season is Planet Playtime and our collection celebrates the magic of childhood and the importance of play.
Read on to learn more about why play should be a priority, discover some of its benefits and then get stuck into our fun activities!
All over the world, children play. From the game Corre, Corre la Guaraca in Chile, to Skippyroo Kangaroo in Australia and Pass the Parcel here in the UK.
Not only is playing fun, it is also one of the key ways that we learn, communicate with one another and interact and engage with the world around us.
It is important to make play a priority throughout our lives.
Whilst it can help children to develop, particularly during formative years, the benefits don't stop as you grow older.
Adults should give themselves permission to play too!
Below you'll find our five favourite benefits for small and big people alike.
1. Active play has physical benefits. Running, jumping and climbing are vital to build coordination and balance, as well as keep fit.
2. Play is a bridge that connects us to others. It is the universal language of childhood and how so many friendships and relationships are formed.
3. Engaging in playful activities stimulates creativity. Playing make believe or doing arts and crafts allows imaginations to run wild and encourages diverse thinking.
4. From young children to adults, everyone needs to problem-solve. Through play, this can be learnt in a natural and fun way.
5. Playing helps us feel happier. When we're playing we are doing something we enjoy. This reduces stress and leads to lots of laughter and smiles.
It's time to have some fun!
Below you'll find activities for children of all ages, and you can join in too.
If you're looking for even more ways to play, make sure you follow us on Instagram @KiteClothing. We'll be sharing some simple #FunFriday activity ideas to help us all play. We would love you to get involved.
Teddy bears' picnic
Play make believe with your furry friends. A wonderful activity for younger children to enjoy. We have some fun ideas for your teddy bears’ picnic as well as the lyrics of the classic song that you can sing together.
Pin the trunk on the elephant
Here’s an elephant-tastic twist on a classic game. Simply use our print-out to create a fun game for all ages, blindfold not included! No printer? You can use our page as a guide to draw your own game.
This is a fab activity for doing on your daily walk or in the back garden. How many of our garden items can you spot? If you can't print our guide, simply view it on your phone and test your memory to see if you can remember what you have seen!
Invention hunt and build
Search your home and recycling bin for all sorts of useful things that can be turned into something new. Invent something silly or sensible! We have ideas to help as well as an option to draw your invention idea.
Play jungle hide and seek
Who doesn’t love a game of hide and seek? Hide something jungle related and see who can find it first! Or if you're feeling creative, make our fun jungle parrots. They're designed to be hidden (especially in the garden) so you can have fun finding them! Find out how to make them in our guide.
Explore the world
Can you work out which country each of our images belong to? See if you can crack the puzzle, and then you can complete our adventure wish list poster about all the places you would like to visit and explore one day.